The Followers of Cairn is a quest in Tyranny.
In order to protect Cairn, Hundred-Blood has asked you to slaughter the Earthshakers in their ritual compound at Howling Rock.
- Travel to Howling Rock in order to uncover the final resting place of Cairn's remains.
- Cairn is currently surrounded by a guild of Earthshakers. Scout their compound to find a way inside.
- You can't jump over the gap, so it's time for a little bit of subtlety. Head south-east to the palisade and examine it. Rolo will recall a bad story of how he got sprayed by a Beastwoman with musk (don't ask). He will also share that Basilon has a staff of pure Azurelith that can be used to access the camp.
- If you already killed him, the shard will be in your inventory.
- If you resolved the dispute with Basilon peacefully, and he is still alive, travel to Gulfglow Runic Hall (at the base of the Aurora Spire), then step outside. He will be standing there, and you can convince him to give you the staff.
- If you resolved the stalemate peacefully, relay your findings to Hundred-Blood regarding using a shard of pure Azurelith to infiltrate the Earthshaker compound. She will provide a shard. Use it to enter the compound.
- The Earthshakers are performing a ritual. Stop it by breaking the staves embedded in the Azurelith lodes throughout Howling Rock. Oh, and do slaughter everyone who stands in your way. Simply interact with the staves to destroy them.
- Examine Cairn to confirm he is still living and will continue to empower the Stonestalkers.
- By protecting Cairn at Howling Rock, you have gained the allegiance of Hundred-Blood and her tribe. Return to Ascension Hall.