Fifth Eye is a character in Tyranny.
Armored retainer to the Voices of Nerat, possessed of an unsettling tenor. He is a Crimson Spear of the highest ranking and doubles as the Chorus' expert interrogator. It is possible that he simply asks them questions in his usual high-pitched squeal and they break when they can withstand it no longer. Or maybe they find the burlap mask he wears under the Crimson Spear helmet unsettling, with eyes woven on it. Fifth Eye doesn't need his regular eyesight interfering with his supernatural vision, granted to him by the Voices of Nerat when he became one of his Eyes, scryers capable of reading the minds of those around them much like Nerat does.
Of course, nothing comes free. Fifth Eye was once a mage of the School of Wild Wrath. After their surrender, he submitted his knowledge to Nerat apparently of his own, free will. In return, the Archon of Secrets scooped out the fire mage's mind, turning him into a puppet of his own devising. Just how much, if anything, of the original mage remains is unknown. Nobody is really willing to check, but Verse recounts an instance of watching Nerat "operate" on Fifth Eye. Amidst screams of "Redundancies! Redundancies!", blood was spraying on the canvas walls of the tent. Just what Nerat considers a redundancy is unclear.
|This character allows free resting.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Fifth Eye appears accompanying the Voices of Nerat at the Disfavored camp. He is then encountered at the camp and serves as the quest giver for the Chorus. Notably, the Binder can request to be compensated for their effort. Fifth Eye will laugh, but recognize the worth of an expert. You can ask for:
- If you side with the Chorus rather than the Disfavored at Ashe's camp, Fifth Eye will welcome you and narrate what happened while you were knocked out (Barik carried you out after Verse refused to cooperate).
- The Conqueror's Will: You can discuss the Edict with him at the Scarlet Chorus camp.
- Taking the Outer Valley: Directs the Young Fatebinder to the captive.
- Assault on the Citadel: Fifth Eye leads the attack on the Citadel and eventually becomes your liaison with the Scarlet Chorus.
- The Oathbreakers: Defeated during the quest. He can then be killed (by being pushed off the Spire) or spared to send a message to the Chorus.