Assault on the Citadel is a quest in Tyranny.
How the attack unfolds depends on who you chose to lead the assault.
- Travel to Vendrien's Well Citadel and assist the Disfavored with their assault.
- Iron Marshal said her scouts spotted a possible climbing spot in an eastern section of the wall. Climb it and get to the courtyard. Kill the Vendrien Guard in the courtyard to clear the way for the Earthshakers to destroy the wall; The Sages maintain a protective wall over the perimeter, preventing the Earthshakers from creating a breach.
- The Earthshakers are getting into position to unleash their arcane powers against the perimeter wall. Ensure that they can cast their spells uninterrupted by slaying any Vendrien Guard who interfere on the battlements the battlements can be cleared by simply scaling them (Athletics 32 suffices).
- Clear out the enemy troops in the courtyard, particularly the Sages. The Disfavored will break through the wall and enter once that is accomplished. Make sure to leverage Iron Marshal Erenyos' free resting (you should still have plenty of time left.
- Once the Chorus breaches the gates, you will have their units to content with, led by Fifth Eye. Iron Marshal Erenyos will stay behind, allowing you to push through to the Keep.
- The assault under the scarlet banner shows the attack from a different perspective. Fifth Eye leads the troops on the gates of the Citadel, using the Blood Chanters to break the wards on the gates.
- Head up alongside the northern edge of the wall, eliminating the insurgents. Scale the battlements (33 Athletics).
- Clear the courtyard. The Chanters will break down the gates and Erenyos will enter with the Disfavored. Fifth Eye will hang back to keep them occupied while you invade the keep.
- Inside the Keep, clear a path to Ascension Hall. Fight your way toward Ascension Hall. Rest before entering the Hall proper.
- Enter the Hall and speak to Tarkis Arri. You have several choices beyond attacking outright, including talking first. Exploring the causes behind the rebellion brings you back to the main dialogue tree. Asking about last words will cause them to attack, but you will learn that Voices of Nerat aided the Vendrien Guard.
- With Athletics 43, you can intimidate the defenders, causing the archer to flee.
- With Lore 43, you can bluff about fighting under a Spire, causing one of the enemy spellcasters to flee.
- With Subterfuge 43, you can bluff about the combined forces of the Chorus and Disfavored pushing up behind you, resulting in a Weakened affliction being applied to all combatants.
- Once you are done with the fighting, Iron Marshal Erenyos or Fifth Eye will arrive. Sure took their sweet time, no?
- You can invoke Betray Alliance right there, starting the anarchist path (no alliances). Kill the commander. → or →
- However, if you plan to play along, state that you're honored to have participated in the victory → or → - or chew her out for taking time to arrive.→ or →
- Lay claim to Ascension Hall.
- You are teleported to the top along with the Iron Marshal or Fith Eye and the defeated Eb and Tarkis Arri. Your first act as the proud owner of a Spire is to decide how to proceed.
- Regardless of choice, there's the case of delivering a message... You can use Arri as messenger and send her over the edge. Unless you want to bother Iron Marshal Erenyos or Fith Eye with being a message girl/boy.
- Thus endeth Act I.
- You receive Liberating Handwraps as a special prize and major favor bonuses with the faction you sided with. The opposing Kyros faction will also get a Favor boost, due to both being loyalist.